The assault on the 2nd amendment continues. It comes in the form of H.R. 5717, The Gun Violence Prevention and Community Safety Act of 2020 (https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/5717), Introduced by Rep. Hank Johnson of GA.
Rep. Johnson is most well known for his concern that the population on the island of Guam would get so large that the island would “tip over and capsize”. I went ahead and made that video available just below for your amusement.
So, this incompetent fool, (or evil genius, although, I am guessing it is more the former than the latter), presented this bill on January 30th 2020. Shortly after that, Sen. Elizabeth, (1/1024th Native American), Warren introduced s. 3254. A bill essentially identical to the one introduced by “incompetent Johnson” a few days prior.
Every gun owner in America should be genuinely, and extremely concerned about these bills that were introduced just a few days shy of a year ago. Really, so should the vast majority of Americans. The reality of it is that most people won’t care enough to read past the headline while they sit scrolling through facebook, clicking the like button like a trained rat, and waiting for their whole foods order from Amazon. “Gun Violence Prevention and Community Safety Act”, What a noble sounding title! It makes people feel good to say they support it, and if you don’t agree, well, you must support violence! Terrorist!
The truth of the matter is more people won’t be against it because most don’t know their history.
Please take the time to make your voices heard. This is not the time to be resting. The enemies of the Constitution are at the gate, and this time they have a key. Wounds should have been licked, bootstraps should have already been pulled. With no power in the government, we need to have all hands-on deck yelling and screaming about this.
Basically these include some of the following.
1. Excessive taxes on guns and ammunition, 30% and 50% respectfully.
2. Removes limitations on the civil liability of gun manufacturers. This is to say victims of gun violence can sure the gun maker, for the actions of the criminal.
3. You’ll have to get a license to purchase guns or ammunition.
4. Minimum age raised to 21 to purchase guns or ammunition – but soldiers can die for their country at 18.
5. Restricts the import, sale, manufacture, transfer, or possession of semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices. – What is an “assault” rifle anyway?
6. Creates a nationwide gun registry – so they know what you have and how many.
7. National “Red Flag” gun confiscation